Submit an Article
FOG Magazine aims to be the chronic pain publication of choice. Fog Magazine is a publication created by a world-wide network of volunteers dedicated to producing quality educational and entertaining material free-of-charge, to promote the causes, issues, and support of chronic pain sufferers the world over.
Contribute an Article
Good content is hard to find. There are several good writers and editors out there who have volunteered their time and effort to make FOG Magazine possible. They wrote and edited these articles, columns, reviews and interviews with no compensation. This publication wouldn’t have been possible if it wasn’t for their help. We ask that you help grow our community by contributing to FOG Magazine. Please contribute what you can, the community of independent content producers thanks you for your contributions.
Why Write for Fog?
Maybe you just want to have fun or are looking for a little extra exposure. Or perhaps you just want to give back to all of those people who helped you get to where you are today. Consider writing an article for FOG Magazine.
How It Works
Another way to give back is by way of contributed articles. We are always interested in working with new authors. Here’s what to do if you’re interested in contributing works to be considered for publication in FOG Magazine. Please note that we cannot accept any material previously published in print or on the Web.
1. Read the Guidelines for Contributors.
2. Develop an article proposal. In your proposal, please include a summary of your intended article, along with three key messages you wish to communicate in your piece.
3. Send your proposal to the editor.
If your proposal is approved by the editor, be sure to:
1. Proofread your article carefully at least twice. One tip is to read your article backwards. Yes! Reading your article backwards forces your brain to focus on individual words and punctuation, helping you to “see” errors your brain has missed reading it forwards.
2. Have someone you know proofread your article. A fresh set of eyes often does wonders.
3. Send in your draft article to the editor. Be sure to meet your deadline.
If your article is accepted for publication, here’s what you’ll need to do:
1. Be ready to send your photo, bio and profile information to the editor.
2. Be available via email or IM to review your article within 24 hours of publication.
3. Email any correction or changes to the editor at least 12 hours before publication.
4. Promote your article by mentioning it on your blog and on other relevant sites.
If you have any questions about the process, please contact the editor at FogMagazine@gmail.com