Chronic Pain Chatrooms
Please read the rules below. Scroll down to enter the FT Chatroom.
We hope you enjoy yourself and make lots of friends in the room. After all, that’s what FibroTalk is all about! By entering a chatroom, you accept our Rules for Chatting which include (but are not limited to) the following:
1. Be Respectful – Please be kind and supportive when you are in the chatroom.
2. No Soliciting - Don’t peddle your products or miracle “cures” on members of this community. We do not endorse any treatment, including yours, so take your sales pitch elsewhere. Also, do not ask our members for money or loans.
3. Personal Information – Do not ask our members for their phone number or home address. Any harassment of our members will result in a permanent ban from this site.
4. No Poaching – This chatroom is a huge part of our members’ support system. We want to keep it occupied as much as possible. People who divert others out of the room are setting back our support mission. If you wish to meet members outside this site (e.g. for voice chat), please make private arrangements outside the site.
5. One Username – You must stick with one username in chat. We now track IP addresses and anyone found to be using more than one username will be banned. It’s only fair that people know with whom they are chatting.
6. Religion or Politics – These two topics account for 90% of problems between members. We ask that you keep religious and political rhetoric out of the chatroom.
7. Best Interests of the Community – Anyone found to be harassing or picking fights with members (or otherwise creating a disturbance) will be disciplined and/or banned. The best interests of the community is always paramount.
Our moderators are members with illnesses just like you. They are volunteers who dedicate their spare time to keeping this little community going. If you have any questions about the chatroom, just ask for a mod. Their names appear in red in the Chatroom.
Please report all disruptive behavior by telling a moderator or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You need to have a Java enabled browser. Most people have this installed already, but please verify if you have the latest JAVA PLUGIN HERE. If you get an error when clicking, hit RELOAD/REFRESH on your browser. If you’ve downloaded JAVA and still can’t enter the room, e-mail email@example.com or read this info on COMMON LOG-IN PROBLEMS.
You may download and print a list of SMILEY CODES used in the chatroom. Adobe Acrobat is required to open .pdf files.
North American chatters are often in chat between 9 p.m. – 10 p.m. EST. Our U.K. chatters are often in chat between 8 p.m. -10 p.m. GMT. But please come to chat ANYTIME.